Developing and evaluating interventions in dementia care
This work package will focus on implementation of evidence-based approaches of psychosocial interventions for people with dementia and neurodegenerative diseases and their supporters– what are the levers and barriers to take up of research findings? How can implementation be facilitated?
It will also focus on increasing research awareness among older adults in Wales and the health and social care work force.
Core Activities on which work package resources are to be deployed include:
- Research development and increasing research awareness through ‘Join Dementia Research’
- Practice development
- Mentoring of ECRs and PhDs
Out puts of this work package will include:
- Increased grant capture
- A systematic review of reminiscence therapy undertaken for the Cochrane Collaboration.
- High impact publications
- Development of early career researchers and fellows
- Number of people in Wales on ‘Join Dementia Research’
- Collaboration with business and industry to enable products and services to be developed
- Seminars and conferences targeted at NHS and social care staff
- Case study of improving health and wellbeing of older adults through evidence-based practice
- Case study of changes to services based on research generated evidence.
|Details of Work Package Lead|
|Professor Bob Woods, Dementia Services Development Centre Wales - Bangor University|