Environments of Ageing
The work package links with the “Ageing Well in Wales” initiative and specifically with “age-friendly and dementia supportive communities” streams. It will cover themes associated with existing strengths, for example, accommodation and care - residential, improving home care including telecare; prisons; outdoor environments- age-friendly and dementia supportive communities; transport; housing; climate change and emergency preparedness; rural, and deprived area issues; technologies of ageing.
Outputs of this work package include:
- Increased grant capture on identified themes or other prestigious funding sources.
- High impact publications
- Developing early career researchers and fellows in these areas
- Work with business and industry to enable products and services to be developed
- Engagement activities targeted at academics, policy makers, public
- Produce case studies of findings from research that has been implemented to achieve better functioning of social care service delivery and better health and well-being outcomes
|Details of Work Package Lead|
|Dr Charles Musselwhite - Centre for Innovative Ageing, Swansea University|
|Dr Jo Hudson|
|Professor Norah Keating|