Dementia Supportive Communities
This work involves sharing best practice, improving links between research, services and people affected by dementia, and increasing the impact of dementia research into practice. The partnership is essentially between people living with dementia and those that work to support them living with a diagnosis.
Involving people living with dementia and carers at the heart of the network has increased the members understanding of challenges and priorities for the future, encouraging ideas from grass roots to stimulate greater collaboration and set priorities.
The North Wales Dementia Network has resulted in numerous collaborations between it’s members. The team are very willing to share the network with other regions that may be interested in this method of building strong communities.
Anyone over the age of 18 who wants to get involved in dementia research can sign up for “Join Dementia Research”
- Conferences in 2017 and 2018 celebrated the work of the Dementia Network, hearing the experiences of people living with dementia, and organisations who are also working on dementia related support and research projects in Wales and beyond.
- Raising dementia awareness in an interactive discussion between student nurses and experts by experience
- Working across Wales in social experiments bringing older people and nursery children together to share their skills whilst attending community day care settings.
- Award winning Welsh medium TV series (Hen Blant Bach)
- BBC Wales programme (The Toddlers Who Took on Dementia)
Please contact Catrin Hedd Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to know more about getting involved in our research.
For information on our past research please click here