Environments of Ageing
The work package links with the “Ageing Well in Wales” initiative and specifically with “age friendly and dementia supportive communities” streams. It will cover themes associated with existing strengths for example, accommodation and care - residential, improving home care including telecare; prisons; outdoor environments- age friendly and dementia supportive communities; transport; housing; climate change and emergency preparedness; rural, and deprived area issues; technologies of ageing.
Outputs of this work package include:
- Increased grant capture on identified themes or other prestigious funding sources.
- High impact publications
- Developing early career researchers and fellows in these areas
- Work with business and industry to enable products and services to be developed
- Engagement activities targeted at academics, policy makers, public
- Produce case studies of findings from research that has been implemented to achieve better functioning of social care service delivery and better health and well-being outcomes
|Details of Work Package Lead|
|Dr Charles Musselwhite - Centre for Innovative Ageing, Swansea University|
|Dr Jo Hudson|
|Professor Norah Keating|