Vanessa Burholt appointed as Senior Research Leader
4th April, 2019
On 2 April Health and Care Research Wales announced the appointment of a new group of Health and Care Research Wales Senior Research Leaders, including Prof Vanessa Burholt. Individuals have been appointed following a competitive process and assessment by an independent panel of senior UK health and social care experts.
The 15 individuals recommended for appointment were judged to be among Wales’ leading researchers for the evidence they provided against the following selection criteria:
- Quality and volume of internationally excellent research
- Impact of their leadership in research
- Track record in training and developing researchers
- Impact of their research on improvements in health or social care and wealth generation
- Relevance of research to patients, service users and the public
- Demonstrable commitment to public involvement and public engagement
- Evidence of personal contribution to Health and Care Research Wales
Health and Care Research Wales Senior Research Leaders will undertake a number of activities in their role. HCRW will engage with this group strategically as we develop the next phase of our strategy. The Senior Research Leaders will act as ambassadors for Health and Care Research Wales and play a leading role in raising the profile of health and social care research in Wales on a national and international level.